Chocobo GP now available for digital download on Nintendo Switch
LOS ANGELES–(BUSINESS WIRE)–SQUARE ENIX® today announced that CU of chocobosa thrilling kart racing experience set in the Chocobo universe, is now available digitally at nintendo switch™. Players can now speed through magical, chaotic courses with beloved characters from the Chocobo and FINAL FANTASY® franchises, including Vivi and Steiner from FINAL FANTASY IX. The deluxe demo version, Chocobo GP Lite*, is also available for download, allowing players to take exhilarating courses from well-known locations from the Chocobo and FINAL FANTASY series in local multiplayer and select online multiplayer.
Starting today, players can experience it all CU of chocobos has to offer, including:
- Several game modes – Play various modes, including “Story” and “Chocobo GP”, which offers exciting bracket-style tournaments for up to 64 players.
- Exciting courses – Race through various Chocobo and FINAL FANTASY themed courses, including Cid’s Test Track, Streets of Alexandria and Zozo, and the Gold Saucer.
- List of fan favorite characters – Players can choose from a wide selection of FINAL FANTASY and Chocobo characters from the series, including familiar faces from FINAL FANTASY VI, FINAL FANTASY IX and Continued.
The first season of the game is in full swing in the Chocobo GP mode. By participating in this mode, players can increase their Season Level and earn various rewards. Additionally, players can use 800 mythril to purchase an optional Prize Pass (gives access to an additional set of Season Rewards) or 2,400 mythril to purchase an optional Premium Prize Pass (grants players 60 tiers of Season Rewards instantly) . For a limited time, players can purchase a discounted 1,600 mythril pack for $7.99 through the Nintendo eShop.
All players will receive a celebration login bonus of 800 mythril ** *** (equivalent to a Prize Pass), allowing them to obtain FINAL FANTASY VII‘s Cloud (available as a Season Level 60 Prize Pass reward), and earn Gil faster to redeem for FINAL FANTASY VIII‘s Squall from the Gil Shop in game.
*Additional note on Chocobo GP Lite:
1. An active Nintendo Switch™ Online account is required to play online.
2. The number of characters available in the Lite version differs from the full version of the game.
3. Online racing is only available in Chocobo GP mode.
4. Only full version owners can create rooms when using local multiplayer connection. Lite version players must join pre-existing lobbies to play.
** Both players of the full version of CU of chocobos and Chocobo GP Lite can receive this login bonus; however, certain restrictions apply to the Mythril store in the Lite version. Any mythril earned in the Lite Edition will carry over to the full version of the game for players who upgrade.
*** The end date of the free Mythril login bonus campaign will be announced later.
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a worldwide network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montreal™. The Square Enix group of companies has a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 164 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 83 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 85 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a wholly owned US subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
For more information about Square Enix, Inc., visit https://square-enix-games.com
© 2022 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All rights reserved.
CHARACTER DESIGN: TOSHIYUKI ITAHANA/RUBI ASAMI
CHOCOBO GP, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, FINAL FANTASY, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are either registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.