Raiders news: 2 Las Vegas players make top 101 free agent list
Two potential Las Vegas Raiders free agents are on the NFL.com list. They are cornerback Casey Hayward, who landed at No. 69, and backup quarterback Marcus Mariota, who was No. 96 on the roster.
The Raiders have a long list of potential free agents, but none are really players to keep. Still, keeping Hayward and Mariota will likely appeal to new staff. But I can also see both players quickly taking interest elsewhere. Hayward has had a strong season in 2021 and quarterbacks are still hot tickets.
In the links of other Raiders:
- As expected: The Raiders talk to a lot of receivers in India.
- Olave is in: A native of San Diego, Ohio State wide receiver Chris Olave, a popular first-round Raiders draft target, said his brother loves the Raiders and he would be happy in Las Vegas.
- Waiting for Rodgers: The Las Vegas Review Log Explain that the Raiders may be directly waiting for Aaron Rodgers to figure out what’s going on.
- Interesting free-agent target: Longtime NFL reporter Aaron Wilson thinks the Raiders could play for Cincinnati defensive tackle BJ Hill in free agency,
- Nothing yet: The Raiders and star defensive end Maxx Crosby are not close on a new contract. Don’t worry yet, though. He won’t reach free agency until next year.