Raiders news: Kenyan Drake one of NFL’s fastest players
In 2021, the Las Vegas Raiders made a major free agent commitment to back up Kenyan running back Drake, giving him a two-year, $11 million deal.
He was then considered a luxury addition by Las Vegas frontman Jon Gruden, who loved Drake. Gruden praised Drake’s versatility and speed. And a recent tweet from NFL analyst Warren Sharp shows that Drake is indeed one of the fastest players in the NFL with the ball in his hands:
fastest running backs of the past five years:
1. Raheem Mostert – 22.73 MPH
2. Matt Breida – 22.30 MPH
3. Cordarrelle Patterson 22.23 MPH
4. Jonathan Taylor – 22.13 MPH
5. Kenyan Drake – 22.11 MPH
6. Marquez Valdes-Scantling – 22.09 MPH
7. Dalvin Cook – 22.07 MPH
— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) July 10, 2022
A rate of 22.11 mph, of course, is extremely fast. Unfortunately for Las Vegas, Drake’s first season as the Raider was cut short when he suffered an ankle injury in December. He finished with 254 yards rushing on 63 carries and added 291 yards on 30 receptions.
Las Vegas’ new staff have had their fill of running backs this offseason, but they’ll surely find room for Drake’s speed in certain situations this season.
In the links of other Raiders:
- Pre-game: CBS Sports has all the details of the Raiders’ game against the Jaguars on Thursday as part of the Hall of Fame game.
- Determined: Raiders guard Lester Cotton had a long trip as he tries to earn a starting job.
- All-Time Greats: Check ESPN list of the best offensive players at each position.
- To offer: Forbes reported the Raiders have an offer of a possible minority owner.