After defending Super Bowl champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the San Francisco 49ers were defeated in Week 3, there are just five undefeated teams left in the NFL.
Of course, your Las Vegas Raiders are one of those five teams. The others are the Los Angeles Rams, Arizona Cardinals, Denver Broncos and Carolina Panthers.
Remarkably, four of the five teams preparing for Week 4 with perfect records didn’t make the playoffs last season. The Rams are the only undefeated team to make the 14-team playoffs in 2020.
This is the 3rd time since the start of the 8 division format in 2002 that at least 4 teams that missed the playoffs started 3-0 the following season. Others:
2013: Miami, NO, KC, Chicago
2003: Denver, Caroline, KC, Seattle, Minnesota https://t.co/oUKb0v78Vb
– Josh Dubow (@JoshDubowAP) September 27, 2021
It looks like a new era is unfolding in the NFL in 2021 and the Raiders are one of the powerful new teams in the league.
In the links of other Raiders:
- Returning Kings: The Raiders have already returned after falling 14-0 twice. They only did it twice in four more complete seasons.
- Hayward has fun: PFF has Raiders cornerback Casey Hayward as one of the top-rated corners in the NFL.
- Playoff possibilities: Raiders have a 59% chance of qualifying for the playoffs according to the Football exteriors. Frankly, I believe the odds are much higher.
- Breakdown of the game: The Athletic has a full review of the Raiders’ overtime win over the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.